* Costa Rica is slightly smaller than Lake Michigan. Its coastline is 1289 km long.
* President Luis Solis won the election in 2014 with over 77% of the vote.
* Costa Rica has more than 121 volcanoes, seven are active.
* Costa Rica is one of the few countries in the world without a standing army.
* Exactly at 7:00 in the morning on any radio station in the country sounds the national anthem.
* Costa Rica is also called the country of the hummingbird.
* Streets in the country do not have numbers and addresses.
* The country’s population is 4.1 million.